If you are using the Pro version package of Sirvoy, you can share room and camping spot availability information on Campanyon with the iCal format (two-way connection).
Reminder: iCal is a file format that represents the calendar for a certain room. Bookings and restrictions appear as blocked dates in the calendar, and thus indicate which dates the room and camping spot is available.
How to connect with Sirvoy
Here are the 6 steps to follow to connect your Sirvoy calendar to Campanyon:
- Go to Settings -> Channels -> iCal and click “Edit”.
- Find the room/camping spot for which you want to share availability information and click Generate export URL.
- Copy the URL displayed and paste it to your Campanyon listing by clicking on 'calendar' and adding an 'external calendar'. Your Campanyon calendar will then call the URL regularly, and Sirvoy will respond with the availability for that room.
- To activate the two-way connection, head to Sirvoy and click "Choose format" to select Campanyon.
- Copy the export URL from Campanyon and paste it in the “Enter iCal URL here” field. If you have difficulty getting the url please contact email@example.com in order to have the URL accepted.
- Click “Select Room type” if the connected unit appears in more than one Sirvoy room type and you wish to control to what room type bookings should be imported.
What to be aware of when using Sirvoy
- Prices set in Sirvoy are NOT sent to iCal channels (including Campanyon) – only availability is. You will have to manually set prices in your Campanyon account.
- Sirvoy shares availability information one year ahead of the current date to all iCal channels (including Campanyon).
- Sirvoy will cancel the booking automatically when detecting a likely cancellation. Sirvoy will then send you an email to inform you about the cancellation.
- Modifications on bookings will come through to Sirvoy. This includes modifications such as changes of unit or date made by you or a guest. The modification should always be made on the channel’s side.
Please note that if a change of unit is made in Sirvoy instead of on the iCal channel, this will trigger the booking to be automatically canceled in Sirvoy.
- In order to block a unit on an iCal channel, make sure to also tick the box "Stays not allowed (including check-in) when setting up a restriction in Sirvoy.
Ticking only “Check-in not allowed” will not block the unit on the channel. The restriction “Bookable days” is not compatible with iCal. Also, limiting how far in advance or how close to check-in bookings can be made has to be set on the channel.
- Sirvoy receives very few details about the booking via iCal. Room price, occupancy, guest name(s) or any related credit card information are NOT sent from the channel. The field >guest name< will appear as “No Name”.
- The occupancy in bookings will be set to one person by default. If the room is used in multiple room types in Sirvoy, you can control the room type that bookings should be imported to on the iCal mapping page.
In case you want to import bookings to a different room type, the previous mapping needs to be deleted first. To make such a change, copy the import iCal URL and then delete the import. Then add the import iCal URL back and from the dropdown menu, select the room type you wish to use in the connection.
Please note that such change of mapping will not update already existing bookings, but affect only future ones.
- The room price in the booking will be set to whatever is configured in Sirvoy for the connected room type, with occupancy 1, including any price changes.