Google calendar is a great tool that makes it really easy to keep track of all of your platforms in one place. The steps below will help you to import your Campanyon calendar into your Google calendar, and vice versa. It should be noted that this must be done on a desktop device.
How to get your Campanyon calendar sync link:
- Log in to your Campanyon account
- Go to ‘My properties’ and visit the ‘Calendar’ page for your camp space
- Click ‘Add new external calendar’ and name it Google
- Copy the Campanyon export link and hit ‘Save’
How to import your Campanyon calendar link into your Google Calendar:
- Open your Google calendar on a desktop computer
- On the left-hand side click on the plus icon next to ‘Other calendars’ and choose ‘Add by URL’
- Paste your Campanyon calendar link and hit ‘Add calendar’
How to import your Google calendar into your Campanyon calendar:
- Log in to your Google calendar
- On the left-hand side find the ‘My calendars’ section. You might need to click it to expand it
- Hover over the calendar you want to share. We recommend making a calendar specifically for your camp space. Click on the button with the three stacked dots
- Click on ‘Settings and sharing’
- Scroll down to ‘Access permissions’ and select ‘Make available to public’
- Agree to the privacy warning pop-up window
- Scroll down to ‘Integrate calendar’
- Double-click to select ‘Full public address iCal format link’
- Copy your ‘Public address iCal’ format if your calendar is public, or the ‘Private address iCal’ format if your calendar is private
- Go back to your Campanyon ‘Calendar’ page for your camp space
- Click ‘Edit’ at the specific calendar that is named Google and paste your Google link into the ‘Import link’ box
- Hit ‘Save’ and visit the page in a few hours to make sure that your two-way sync is active!
If you see the green ‘Connected’ label next to your calendar name, you’ll know that everything is good to go!